Meet the Maker - Corinne Evans

Friday, August 29, 2014
Hello! Today's Meet the Maker interview is by local jewellery maker, Corinne Evans.  Corinne's delicate pieces are inspired by nature, we caught up with her last year to find out more about her inspirations....

Please can you introduce yourself and tell us a little about your work?
Hello! I'm Corinne Evans, a Bristol based jewellery artist who works primarily with precious metals. My designs are subtle, elegant, and inspired by natural intricate patterns and earthy colours.
What do you love most about working in your chosen discipline?
I have always wanted my art to be a means which I indirectly bring happiness to others. I feel that jewellery is the perfect medium to achieve this, as it is often given as a meaningful and cherished gift by a loved one. I feel overwhelmed with warmth and happiness at the thought of someone somewhere waking up on Christmas morning to a piece of my jewellery.  Additionally, I find the physical processes involved in making my pieces is very enjoyable, exciting and therapeutic. I love turning the raw materials into something I find beautiful. 
Describe your studio or workspace?
Small, messy and full of machines!

Which fellow Paper Scissors Stone artist would you collaborate with and why? 
Oooh it's a toss up between Jessica Quinn and Romina Berenice Canet. They are two of the mostly wonderfully bizarre, surreal and characterful artists I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I would like to make some surreal and quirky metal characters with them.

Which is your favourite local independent shop or eatery in Bristol & why?
Without a doubt, Cafe Maitreya in Easton. My mouth is salivating just thinking about that place. It's vegetarian heaven!
Thanks Corinne - we love Cafe Maitreya too! YUM! You can find Corinne's beautiful pieces in or Paper Scissors Stone shop.


Paper Scissors Stone
Quakers Friars
Cabot Circus
Bristol
Mon - Sat: 10am - 6pm
Sun:  11am - 5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment